So, after posting my raspberries image into the ‘Weekly Photo Challenge’ it gave me an idea to make a refreshing cocktail I’d seen in my new favourite recipe book. It’s from my hero in the food photography world ‘What Katie Ate’ by Katie Quinn Davies and is a mixture of Vodka raspberries and pomegranate juice (bliss in a glass) – perfect for these extremely hot few weeks we’ve been having here in the UK. Although, for the first time in around three weeks we’ve finally had rain overnight, so our lawns have been watered at last, thankfully there will be no need to drag the sprinkler out today! :)
Here’s Katie’s recipe, I hope you enjoy it:
- 1oz/30ml Grey goose/Absolut/Belvedere vodka
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Juice 1 lime
- 15ml sugar syrup (see below)
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate juice.
- Extra raspberries for garnish
- Lime or lemon zest to garnish
To make the sugar syrup:
- Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar into a saucepan and bring to the boil, stir often then reduce heat and simmer until all the sugar has dissolved into the water – approx. 10 – 12 minutes. Allow to cool thoroughly. Note this will make enough for a few cocktails.
- Place vodka, frozen raspberries, lime juice, sugar syrup and pomegranate juice into a chilled cocktail shaker along with a handful roughly crushed ice.
- To serve pour strained cocktail into a glass and garnish with a few extra raspberries and some lime or lemon zest.
I hope you get to make an enjoy this fabulous recipe today, enjoy your Sunday’s, wherever you are!!